Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's getting close...and I'm getting nervous.

First of all, let me apologize for taking so long to write a new post. I know you guys are thinking....well she is either knocked up or changed her mind about the whole darn thing.  Well, neither are true.  Life has just been busy lately and I haven't had a chance to really sit down and update.  

So here it goes...I will start with a brief synopsis of the past month or so.  I am completely healed from surgery and my post operative follow up "dye test" or HSG test was "normal"....I say that because it was "abnormal" but for us and the surgery I had it was "normal" and what we wanted to hear!  After the doc was finished, I asked him how the plumbing was looking and he said that the surgery was a success and we were ready for our first attempt!  I gave a big "woohoo" and he started laughing and I asked him what was so funny.  He said I was probably the first patient that has ever been happen to have dysfunctional plumbing! Well doc, I went through a 2 1/2 hour surgery, 3 week recovery and a chunk of dough to have abnormal plumbing so you're darn right I'm happy!

So that was the last step to get the green light for our first IVF attempt. Oh yeah...there is one more thing..... time to "pay the man/babymaker" as they say!  So Bryan and I each donated a kidney and paid the man!!!  It will be worth EVERY CENT though...solo kidneys and all!!  

That brings me to now...I started my Lupron injections last week...a little needle in my belly fat once a day and this week I begin my hormones!!!!!  That's right....everybody watch out...Stable Mable is going to be riding on all cylinders here very soon!!!  I have told those who will be coming within a 50 mile radius of me that I apologize in advance for my behavior in the next 3 weeks or so!  You have to love "hormone therapy"....the point of it for the most part is to make the uterus (real estate in my terms) as "inviting" and "comfy" as possible for the little zygote so that they will want to get comfy and stay a while...you know like 9 months or so!!

Here we are... real estate is getting primed and prepped for a "not for sale" or lighted "no vacancy" sign and my nerves getting worse and worse with each day we get closer to our first attempt (which is first part of June by the way).  I am trying not to get my hopes up for success on our first attempt...but it would really be nice!!!

I ask that you please continue to pray for Bryan and I and are families as we approach the day we have been working so hard for the past 5 months.  We ask that you also pray for our egg donor and her family.  Pray for her body, her health, and her heart.  Pray that she will respond well and have a successful stimulation.  Pray for me and my body as begin preparing my body for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby (or babies as many people are already convinced of)!

So I have my Valium packed (provided by MD/protocol for transfer) and a cigarette for after (only kidding) lol!!

 Thank you for all your continued support and prayers.  

In his love and trusting Him,

Miranda...and Baby Daddy too


1 comment:

  1. so glad for an update. was thinking of you so much on Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete