Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Operation "Virginia" Renovation completed

                      "Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again; Rejoice" Philippians 4:4

So I had full intentions of submitting another blog before my surgery but clearly that didn't happen. 
Well, as you can see 'Operation Virginia Renovation' has been completed and I came home this morning after a lovely, overnight, but unexpected stay at hospital.

So the original surgical plan was to perform laparoscopic, however when Dr. Schnorr tried to perform laparoscopic he was unable to visualize my fallopian tubes.  Therefore, he had to give me a lovely low abdominal incision similar to a C-section incision.  It's nice that its low enough that it won't be visible when I put on my bikini this summer!  HAHAHA, that's funny right???

The surgery lasted longer than expected, of course I remember nothing!  Dr. Schnorr said that I have stage 4 endometriosis, that my left fallopian tube was also dilated, and that I had a ton a of scar tissue from the endo.  So he ended up cleaning out of the endometriosis and disconnected both fallopian tubes! 

On the bright side, my uterus looked fine to grow a baby.  Thank goodness for that!!!  So my "minor" procedure became more complicated and I am out of commission for longer than I originally expected! 

Now that "Virginia" has had a complete overhaul, we will have 2 months to allow for healing and then proceed with our first transfer cycle hopefully by summer!!

I will continue to update!!

Hope everyone is doing well!  Thanks for all the prayers!!

Miranda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment